At Budbee we are obsessed with fueling e-commerce growth with sustainability in mind. We offer groundbreaking last-mile solutions for the e-commerce industry, and even though it's pretty advanced stuff, it is all about having the right people on board!
Since we are growing incredibly fast with new markets or products being added pretty much every month we are not looking for the average Joe. The right people for us are people who love change and challenges and at the same time have an inner drive to get things done. By joining us in this journey you are also becoming a part of the Budbee family.
Budbee is today backed by the prestigious investors Kinnevik, H&M and Stena Sessan to name a few. We perform millions of home deliveries per year, operating in Sweden, Netherlands, Finland and Denmark.
Everyone has heard about tech or even fintech or medtech... join us and be a part of the latest and greatest which we call Logtech!
About The Role
We're looking for a true superstar to join our team as Head of Ground Operations.
In the role you'll manage and develop Budbee's ground level operational teams and processes. Your time will be divided between driving new growth initiatives and efficiency improvements, and managing established processes. The responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring our daily operations run smoothly, efficient and always with high quality
- Manage our flows between Budbee's Terminals, Merchants, Couriers and Drivers together with the Inbound/Outbound team
- Manage our within-terminal-processes and teams
- Improve and assure quality in our relationships with Partners and Couriers
- Play an integral role in our path to success in Finland and Denmark, together with our Expansion team and local Operations teams
You'll be in charge of managing and improving key operational processes and flows as we continue our growth journey. In this role you will form a tight partnership with our Head of Tactical Operations, who'll support with the "how" and with focus specifically on planning and growth outside of our Terminals. Together you'll define and secure the actions needed to accomplish our broader strategy. You'll be a key member of the Operations team and report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
The right candidate will be analytical, business savvy, confident, pragmatic and likeable. You do not need years of logistical experience. What you will need however is a burning desire to combine your strong personal traits with a will to change the e-commerce industry for the better. Clearly defined processes, scenario-thinking and an engaging leadership will help you conquer your goals.
Further, as Budbee is a scale-up business and growing in the same speed as the light travels, we are looking for a highly adaptable candidate who is able to switch between long-term strategic initiatives one moment and pivot into rapid deployment actions the next.
What You’ll Need
- At least 2 years experience either within operations management, management consulting, strategy work in a large business, or growing a start-up
- Analytically strong, with an ability to combine data with human intuition in order to crystallize your hypothesis and execute upon them
- Be a strategic and bold thinker
- Empathetic in dealing with different people. Ability to quickly build relationships with external partners, suppliers, drivers and internal stakeholders
- Pragmatic - Logtech is a very (very) fast moving industry
- Being prestigeless and humble will take you far
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal (English a requirement, Swedish a plus)
- Driving license
- Leadership experience is highly recommended, but not necessarily a requirement
Feel excited about this role? Then we’d love to talk to you!