Budbee is coming to the Netherlands, ready to change the online shopping experience for good! Since 2015 Budbee has been operating in the Nordic market, developing a next generation last mile logistics solution for the e-commerce industry. Today we’re doing millions of home-deliveries per year, and now feel ready to take on our next expansion - the Netherlands!!
Budbee will be operating in the whole country of Netherlands from the 1st of September 2019. In order to be able to continue moving at the speed of light, we’re not looking for the average Joe. The right people for us are people who love challenge and change, with a strong inner drive to simply get things done. With a smile on their face. Supported by our state-of-the-art tech, creative operational processes and terminal infrastructure equipped with fully automated, proprietary sorting machines, you’ll have a competitive advantage versus any competition on the local market from Day 1.
Since April 2018 Budbee is backed by the prestigious Swedish investor Kinnevik. By joining us in this journey you will become a part of the Budbee family. We always work as a team, because the truth is, either we all win or we all lose.
By now, everyone has heard about tech, or even fintech or medtech... join us and be a part of the latest and greatest, Logtech!
About the role
This is an amazing opportunity to join a team of young talents building up the Dutch organization from scratch, within a successful scale-up. The business will truly be run with strong characteristic of a standalone startup within the Group, but naturally always with the full support from the HQ and Budbee’s Expansion Team, together with the local General Manager - a team who will support you in all your initial endeavours.
As an Operations Associate you’ll manage and oversee our daily routing at Budbee. You are the direct link between our routing algorithm and our drivers, terminals and couriers. You job is to i) develop cost-efficient routes with the help of the algorithm ii) make sure enough drivers are available for the day and iii) support our algorithm to also factor in softer values.
Who knows, perhaps you’ll even end up outperforming the Nordics? Game on!
Since we’re looking for the right person for this role rather than the experience, we present to you the personal traits we think are important for this role:
- Your communication skills are high as the sky
- You enjoy fast-paced environments
- You are flexible and open, both in mind but also in setting
- You take a lot of initiatives and have a creative mind
- You take a lot of ownership in your work and strive to the best at what you do
- You get sh*t done!
What you’ll need more specifically
- 2+ years work experience, preferably in an operational setting
- Strong organizational skills - You are fun and confront challenges with a smile
- Communication is key in this role, thus fluency in the English and Dutch languages are critical - French and Flemish considered big bonuses
- The ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
If this sounds like you, we would love to speak to you!