About the role
We are looking for an operations associate to join our operations team. In this role you’ll be responsible for managing and developing the courier and driver fleet of Budbee Netherland. You’ll make sure things are running smooth and effective, assuring quality throughout our last mile chain. You continuously look for improvements as we grow. This position plays a vital role in finding and growing new partners as well as expanding our business in the Netherlands.
In practice you will share the responsibility for the following:
- Managing the co-operation with last-mile. Both from day-to-day co-operation to more strategic development of current partners
- Finding and growing with new partners around the Netherlands
- Development of our courier and driver onboarding
- Overseeing courier and driver performance
You will work closely with the Dutch operations and terminal teams, as well as other teams around the company. Furthermore, you will be part of a young, highly motivated team in a rapidly growing environment with room for your own initiatives. You’ll work with and report directly to the Operations Manager. This is an amazing opportunity to join a team of young talents building up the Dutch organization from scratch, within a successful scale-up.
As Budbee is a scale-up business and growing in the same speed as the light travels, we are looking for a candidate that loves high-paced environments and takes on the role with a lot of energy and a positive attitude. It's important that you feel a sense of duty in making sure each day is a success to the extent possible. You will also communicate with our partners on a daily basis and to be successful in this role it's key to build good relationships and have strong negotiation and cooperation skills - we want to build mutually beneficial long-term relationships with the best performing partners.
Since we’re looking for the right person for this role rather than the experience, we present to you the personal traits we think are important for this role:
- You‘re hands-on and get things done
- Ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Ability to think ahead/strategically - as we grow we always want to have a plan, think ahead and recognize operational bottlenecks in advance
- You take a lot of ownership in your work and strive to the best at what you do
What you’ll need
- Good communication skills. Fluency in Dutch and English, both written and spoken
- Analytical skills. We’re looking for the ability to combine data with human intuition, develop your own hypotheses and test them
- Up to 2 years of work experience, preferably in consulting, startup or operational roles is seen as a plus
- Academic background; preferably within economics, logistics or supply chain
If this sounds like you, then we would love to speak to you!