About the role
We are looking for an operations associate to join our operations team. In this role you’ll be responsible for managing and developing the courier and driver fleet of Budbee Belgium. You’ll make sure things are running smoothly and effectively, while also assuring quality throughout our last-mile chain. You continuously look for improvements as we grow. This position plays a vital role in finding and growing with new partners as well as expanding our business in Belgium.
In practice you will share the responsibility for the following:
- Managing the co-operation within our last-mile. Both from day-to-day co-operation to more strategic development of current partners
- Finding and growing with new partners around the Belgium
- Development of our courier and driver onboarding
- Overseeing courier and driver performance, track last-mile KPIs and report on them
You will work closely with the Benelux operations and terminal teams, as well as other teams around the company both national and international. Furthermore, you will be part of a young, highly motivated team in a rapidly growing environment with room for your own initiatives. You’ll work with and report directly to the Country Manager. This is an amazing opportunity to join a team of young talents building up the Belgian organization from scratch, within a successful and ambitious scale-up.
As Budbee is a scale-up business and growing in the same speed as the light travels, we are looking for a candidate that loves high-paced environments and takes on the role with a lot of energy and a positive attitude. It's important that you feel a sense of duty in making sure each day is a success to the extent possible. You will also communicate with our partners on a daily basis and to be successful in this role it's key to build good relationships and have strong negotiation and cooperation skills - we want to build mutually beneficial long-term relationships with the best performing partners.
Up to 2 years of work experience, preferably in consulting, startup or operational roles is seen as a plus but since we’re looking for the right person for this role rather than the experience, we present to you the personal traits we think are important for this role:
- You‘re hands-on and get things done
- Ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Ability to think ahead/strategically - as we grow we always want to have a plan, think ahead and recognize operational bottlenecks in advance
- You take a lot of ownership in your work and strive to the best at what you do
What you’ll need
- Fluency in Dutch and English, both written and spoken and strong knowledge of French
- Strong organizational & communication skills
- Academic background; preferably within economics, logistics or supply chain
- Strong analytical skills. We’re looking for the ability to combine data with human intuition, develop your own hypotheses and test them
- Drivers license (B)
What can we offer you?
- Be a contributor to our mission to revolutionize e-commerce with a world-class delivery experience
- A steep learning curve and opportunity to work together on challenges we face as a dynamic company
- Be a part of a motivating environment with great drive and 'everything is possible'-mindset
- Be a part of the Budbee company culture and our family 💚
If you are excited about joining Budbee's journey in disrupting the logistics industry - apply now!