Budbee, founded in 2015, is a Sweden-based tech company aiming to create the best e-commerce experience from check-out to delivery. Charged with a self-learning system and bespoke algorithm, Budbee reaches more than 30 million people in Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Belgium, and the Netherlands - either through our extensive network of parcel lockers or home deliveries. So far Budbee has served more than 3 million unique customers with same or next-day deliveries using bikes, electrical vehicles, and biofuels.
Budbee's services are used by hundreds of large e-commerce companies, including ASOS, Zalando, Inditex, and H&M. Backed by Kinnevik, Stena Sessan, and AMF among others, Budbee is on track to become the leading European e-commerce platform. Always with the customer at heart.
About the role
Budbee is looking for a business savvy, hands-on and data-driven Strategy Manager Commercial Operations to join our team in Stockholm! The role is new to the company, will work across the full Nordic organization (Sweden, Denmark, Finland) and report to our Head of Ground Operations. You will be responsible to build up a new function for Budbee in the Nordics but will also set the standard and structure for how Budbee works internationally with Commercial and Operational Excellence. You will work cross-functionally with supporting different departments and decisions makers in the company. Your job is to create simplicity out of complexity and push our thinking beyond "here and now".
The role is based in Stockholm but will include travels to our >13 sites in the Nordic countries.
Some of your work tasks will be:
Leading operational development with our key merchants, tailoring setups to improve leadtimes and offers, and working closely with the commercial team and merchant team both in new sales negotiations and with our established key accounts.
Optimizing flows in linehaul, pickup, terminal production, and sorting, thus optimizing scheduling of hundreds of terminal colleagues. Designing and improving flows for when pickups from merchants should happen, optimizing lead times and making sure we use the full capacity in the network and being cost-efficient.
Forecasting our capacity. Building data-driven tools for our linehaul that will help other internal departments' decision-making based on data. Calculate profit and loss, production costs, manual handling of parcels in the terminals, and pricing.
Driving and developing the work with merchant Profit & Loss statements including calculation of production cost and pricing. Lead the improvement of accounts through continuously presenting findings and recommendations to the management team and commercial/operations team.
And while the company grows, there will be a great possibility for you to build your own team!
The person we’re looking for:
Apart from being a curious, structured, and outgoing person, we are looking for a self-sufficient, proactive, and goal-oriented generalist. Working at Budbee you can’t be afraid of a challenge and you need to be able to adapt to changing circumstances quickly. In addition to fluency in English we believe the right person has:
- A University degree within a business, finance, engineering, or another similar discipline.
- Experience from management consulting, growth management, commercial excellence, and/or pricing (1-3 years)
- Self-going personality with strong problem-solving skills always focusing on improving and challenging status quo
- Strong skills in Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience in leading complex cross-functional projects independently with a high degree of success and impact
- Business mindset and passionate about making a difference
- Bonus points if you have experience from high-growth operations or start-ups
What can we offer you?
- Be a key member and contributor to our mission to simplify everyday lives and revolutionize e-commerce with a world-class delivery experience
- A steep learning curve and an opportunity to solve some of the more difficult problems we face as a company
- Close collaborations with management to directly participate in decision making and priority considerations
- Be a part of a talented and highly motivated team
- Amazing colleagues and a great work environment
- A seat at our brand new office in Vasastan at the beginning of 2022
- Be a part of the Budbee company culture and our family💚
This recruitment process consists of personality tests via Alva Labs and background checks via Verifiera as a review of previous public criminal records. The result is public information that is handled confidentially. This is mandatory for all recruitment processes at Budbee in Sweden.