About the role
We are looking for a backend engineer to join our Algorithms team in Stockholm. The team consists of Algorithm and Machine Learning Engineers who are responsible for internal services used to optimize routes, reduce CO2 emissions and provide the best possible delivery experience for the consumers. As we grow we need to scale our services, simplify where we can and optimize where needed while continuing to operate with high demands on availability.
You will get to work with modern technologies, take responsibility and ownership for backend services as well as interact directly with internal users. Also, you will have plenty of influence over design and architecture decisions to scale our services to new heights.
To be successful in this role, we think that you:
- Thrive in cross-functional teams and can take on challenging tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Have a solid understanding of backend development in Java
- Know SQL databases, ORM frameworks like Hibernate and can find and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Are experienced with cloud services, preferably AWS
- Work systematically with quality in focus and a test-driven mindset
- Are comfortable with Linux, Docker, and container orchestration tools
- Understand event-driven systems and have experience with one or more of RabbitMQ, SQS, or Redis
- Must live in Sweden
Extra skills we value:
- Knowledge in a frontend framework like React
- Python, enough for simple scripting and automation tasks
- Interest in advanced algorithms, Machine Learning or Data Science
Budbee, founded in 2015, is a Sweden-based tech company aiming to create the best e-commerce experience from check-out to delivery. Charged with a self-learning system and bespoke algorithm, Budbee reaches more than 30 million people in Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Belgium, and the Netherlands - either through our extensive network of parcel lockers or home deliveries.
So far Budbee has served more than 3 million unique customers with same or next-day deliveries using bikes, electrical vehicles, and biofuels. Bugbee's services are used by hundreds of large e-commerce companies, including ASOS, Zalando, Inditex, and H&M. Backed by Kinnevik, Stena Sessan, and AMF among others, Budbee is on track to become the leading European e-commerce platform. Always with the customer at heart.