At Budbee we are obsessed with fueling e-commerce growth. We offer groundbreaking last-mile solutions for the e-commerce industry, and even though it's pretty advanced stuff, it is all about having the right people on board!
Since April 2018 Budbee is backed by the prestigious investor Kinnevik. Other major investors are Stena Sessan, H&M Co:Lab and AMF. Up until now we have raised over 90 MEUR in total, and today we are already doing millions of home and box deliveries each year, operating in Sweden, Netherlands, Finland, Denmark and Belgium. Since we are growing incredibly fast with new markets or products being added pretty much every month, we are not looking for the average Joe. The right people for us are people who love change and challenges and at the same time have an inner drive to get things done. By joining us in this journey you are also becoming a part of the Budbee family.
We are aware that our operations impact the world around us. That is why we have offset our carbon emissions right from the very first Budbee delivery, with the help of ZeroMission. The need to take extra care of our planet affects every decision we make, however big or small it may be.
Everyone has heard about tech, or even fintech or medtech... Join us and be a part of the latest and greatest - Logtech!
About the role
Budbee respects privacy. It is important to us that we process personal data responsibly and securely, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We are now looking for a Data Protection Officer for Budbee AB and its subsidiaries in the Budbee Group. As Data Protection Officer at Budbee you are offered an important and an exciting job across our European markets in a company that wants to make a difference. You will play an important role for the group ensuring the data protection in everything that we do at Budbee.
The Data Protection Officer will be responsible for ensuring compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws, and in particular with the requirements set out under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In addition, this role supports and advises on matters regarding the implementation and monitoring of an effective data protection program at Budbee.
The role is located at our HQ in Stockholm. You will be part of the Legal team and report to the General Counsel with a dotted line for reporting to the highest management level in Budbee.
- To inform and advise Budbee and its employees regarding the application of and obligations under the GDPR and other applicable privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
- To monitor compliance with the GDPR, other applicable privacy and data protection laws and regulations and with Budbee’s privacy framework, policies and procedures that relate to the processing of personal data, including awareness-raising and training of staff involved in processing activities.
- To provide advice where requested, perform data protection impact assessments and monitor its performance pursuant to Article 35 GDPR.
- To act as the contact point for data subjects with regard to all issues related to processing of their personal data and to the exercise of their rights under the GDPR and other applicable privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
- To act as the contact point for, and to interact and co-operate with the supervisory authority on issues relating to privacy and data processing, including consultation required by GDPR and other applicable privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
- To draft, develop and assist in the continuous enhancement, implementation and maintenance of Budbee’s privacy framework, policies, procedures, and governance model by providing subject matter expertise.
- To work closely with the organization in business development, projects, partnerships and new initiatives all over our jurisdictions reviewing and ensuring compliance with the GDPR and other applicable privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
- In the course of the performance of his/her tasks, have due regard to the risk associated with processing operations, taking into account the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for you with:
- A degree in law from a Swedish or European university, or equivalent background providing you with expert knowledge of national and European data protection laws and practices, including an in-depth understanding of the GDPR.
- At least three+ years of work experience within privacy, preferably from a larger well renowned law firm or as an in-house legal counsel or data protection officer in a company, or at a supervisory authority.
- Understanding of the processing operations carried out, including information technologies and data security.
- Knowledge of the business sector and the organization.
- High integrity and the capacity of performing with high quality expertise in an entrepreneurial fast paced environment.
- Ability to promote a data protection culture within the organization, with great communication and networking skills.
- Strong analytical, risk assessment and problem-solving skills to quickly understand and effectively support complex business initiatives and compliance projects.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize a variable workload, with a positive and pro-active approach.
- Fluency in English, in writing as well as verbally.
Start date as soon as possible.
If this sounds interesting, please hand in your application as soon as possible, but no later than May 16. Interviews will be held continuously.