At Budbee we are obsessed with fueling e-commerce growth. We offer groundbreaking last-mile solutions for the e-commerce industry, and even though it's pretty advanced stuff, it is all about having the right people on board!
Since April 2018 Budbee is backed by the prestigious investor Kinnevik. Other major investors are Stena Sessan, H&M Co:Lab and AMF. Up until now we have raised over 90 MEUR in total, and today we are already doing millions of home and box deliveries each year, operating in Sweden, Netherlands, Finland and Denmark. Since we are growing incredibly fast with new markets or products being added pretty much every month, we are not looking for the average Joe. The right people for us are people who love change and challenges and at the same time have an inner drive to get things done. By joining us in this journey you are also becoming a part of the Budbee family.
We are aware that our operations impact the world around us. That is why we have offset our carbon emissions right from the very first Budbee delivery, with the help of ZeroMission. The need to take extra care of our planet affects every decision we make, however big or small it may be.
About the role
We're looking for a Shift Manager to join our terminal in the Helsinki zone! The terminal is the heart of Budbee operations. Sorting parcels, creating pallets, helping the drivers are among the key tasks we perform every single day.
In the role of a Shift Manager your first priority is ensuring the day runs smoothly at the terminal. Our daily schedule is tight and demanding, and it is your responsibility to have the terminal perform at its best every day. We're looking for a person who not only takes responsibility for the day running smoothly, but also has the capacity to develop our processes in all things relating to the terminal. We are ambitious and set high standards for ourselves. At the terminal we want to perform with high efficiency and accuracy, all the while maintaining an enjoyable working environment for our colleagues and drivers.
Since we’re looking for a mix of the right person and experience , we present to you the personal traits we think are important for this role:
- Your communication skills are high as the sky
- You are fun and confront challenges with a smile
- You enjoy fast-paced environments
- You take initiative and have a creative mind
- You take a lot of ownership in your work and strive to the best at what you do
- You‘re hands-on and get things done
What you'll need
- Supervisory experience from terminal and/or warehouse work
- A clear and experience-based understanding of what an efficient and well-run terminal looks like
- High level of attention to detail, but also the ability to see the bigger picture in the context of our Finnish operations
- Analytical skills to find the root causes of any challenges we face, paired with a solution orientation to overcome these challenges
- Leadership and coaching skills to make our terminal an enjoyable workplace for employees and an efficient unit from the business perspective
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, in Finnish and English
- B Drivers license
What's in it for you
You will work closely with the Finnish operations, commercial and terminal teams, as well as other teams around the company. Furthermore, you will be part of a young, highly motivated team in a rapidly growing environment with room for your own initiatives. You’ll work with and report directly to the Finnish Operations Manager. This is an amazing opportunity to join a team of young talents building up the Finnish organization from scratch, within a successful scale-up.
If this sounds like you, we would love to speak to you!