At Budbee we are obsessed with fueling e-commerce growth. We offer groundbreaking last-mile solutions for the e-commerce industry, and even though it's pretty advanced stuff, it is all about having the right people on board!
Since April 2018 Budbee is backed by the prestigious investor Kinnevik. Other major investors are Stena Sessan, H&M Co:Lab and AMF. Up until now we have raised over 90 MEUR in total, and today we are already doing millions of home and box deliveries each year, operating in Sweden, Netherlands, Finland and Denmark. Since we are growing incredibly fast with new markets or products being added pretty much every month, we are not looking for the average Joe. The right people for us are people who love change and challenges and at the same time have an inner drive to get things done. By joining us in this journey you are also becoming a part of the Budbee family.
We are aware that our operations impact the world around us. That is why we have offset our carbon emissions right from the very first Budbee delivery, with the help of ZeroMission. The need to take extra care of our planet affects every decision we make, however big or small it may be.
Everyone has heard about tech, or even fintech or medtech... Join us and be a part of the latest and greatest - Logtech!
About the role
We’re looking for our next superstar AKA Operations Manager to our Dutch organization. The role is based in Amsterdam and will report directly to our Head of Tactical Operations in Amsterdam. You will be his right hand in further developing our best in class operations!
This is an amazing opportunity to join a team of young talents building up the Dutch organization from scratch within a successful scale-up. The business will truly be run with strong characteristic of a standalone startup within the group, but naturally always with the full support from the HQ - a team who will support you in all endeavours.
As an Operations Manager you'll manage and develop Budbee's operational teams and processes locally. Your time will be divided between driving new growth initiatives and efficiency improvements, and monitoring already established processes. The responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- Making sure that our daily operations run smoothly, always efficient with high quality
- Control all of our flows between terminals, merchants, couriers and drivers together with the Inbound/Outbound teams
- Improve and assure our high quality standards in our relationships with Partners and Couriers
- Develop and implement new initiatives like fossil free deliveries, courier engagement, etc.
- Evaluate and identify opportunities for expanding our terminal network
- Continuously look for ways to improve existing and implement new operational processes using all our data at hand
- Play an integral role in our way to success in the Netherlands
You'll play a key part in improving our processes and flows as we continue our growth journey.
The right candidate will be analytical, business savvy, confident, pragmatic and likeable. You do not need years of logistical experience. What you will need however is a burning desire to combine your strong personal traits with a will to change the e-commerce industry for the better. With a smile.
Further, as Budbee is a start-up business and growing in the same speed as the light travels, we are looking for a highly adaptable candidate who is able to switch between long-term strategic initiatives one moment and pivot into rapid, tactical actions the next.
What You’ll Need
- MSc, preferably in Engineering, Business, Economics or Supply Chain Management
- At least 3 years experience in operations management, management consulting, strategy work in a large business, or of growing a startup
- Analytically strong, with an ability to combine data with human intuition to crystallize your hypothesis and execute upon them
- Be a strategic and bold thinker
- Empathetic in dealing with different people. Able to quickly build relationships with external partners, suppliers, drivers and internal stakeholders
- Pragmatic - logtech is a very (very) fast moving industry
- Being prestigeless and humble will take you far
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal (Dutch and English is a requirement)
- Drivers license
- Leadership experience is highly recommended, but not necessarily a requirement
Feel excited about this role? Then we’d love to talk to you!