At Budbee we are obsessed with fueling e-commerce growth. We offer groundbreaking last-mile solutions for the e-commerce industry, and even though it's pretty advanced stuff, it is all about having the right people on board!
Since we are growing incredibly fast with new markets or products being added pretty much every month we are not looking for the average Joe. The right people for us are people who love change and challenges and at the same time have an inner drive to get things done. By joining us in this journey you are also becoming a part of the Budbee family.
Budbee Netherlands started in September 2019. From day 1 we have not only been covering the whole country of Netherlands, but also delivering with high-quality and amazing growth with selected merchants as ASOS, Zalando, fonQ and MyJewellery. Supported by our state-of-the-art tech, creative operational processes and terminal infrastructure equipped with fully automated, proprietary sorting machines, we dare to say that we have a competitive advantage versus any competition on the local market. Budbee HQ in Netherlands is situated in the lovely B.Amsterdam, a thrilling and energizing startup environment with amazing colleagues, a gym and yes - a roof terrace as well.
Budbee is today backed by the prestigious investors Kinnevik, H&M and Stena Sessan to name a few. Today we are already doing millions of home deliveries per year, operating in Sweden, Netherlands, Finland and Denmark.
Everyone has heard about tech or even fintech or medtech... join us and be a part of the latest and greatest, Logtech!
About the role
We are looking for an Operations Associate to join our team in Netherlands. In this role you’ll be responsible for developing the inbound/outbound flows between our terminals, merchants, couriers and drivers in Netherlands. You’ll make sure things are running smooth and effective, assuring quality throughout our supply chain. You continuously look for improvements as we grow. Also, this role plays a vital role in finding and growing new partners as well as expanding our business in Netherlands.
In practice you will share the responsibility for the following
- Managing the co-operation with last-mile, pickup and linehaul partners. Both from day-to-day co-operation to more strategic development of current partners
- Finding and growing with new partners around Netherlands
- Development of our courier and driver onboarding
- Overseeing courier and driver performance
You will work closely with the Dutch operations, commercial and terminal teams, as well as other teams around the company. Furthermore, you will be part of a young, highly motivated team in a rapidly growing environment with room for your own initiatives. You’ll work with and report directly to the Head of Tactical Operations. This is an amazing opportunity to join a team of young talents building up the Dutch organization from scratch, within a successful scale-up.
Since we’re looking for the right person for this role rather than the experience, we present to you the personal traits we think are important for this role:
- Your communication skills are high as the sky
- You are fun and confront challenges with a smile
- You enjoy fast-paced environments
- You take initiative and have a creative mind
- You take a lot of ownership in your work and strive to the best at what you do
- You ‘re hands-on and get things done
What you’ll need
- 1-2+ years work experience, preferably in consulting, startup or operational roles
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills. We’re looking for the ability to combine data with human intuition, develop your own hypotheses and test them
- The ability to think ahead / strategically - as we grow we always want to have a plan, think ahead and recognize operational bottlenecks in advance
- The ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Negotiation and cooperation skills - we want to build mutually beneficial long-term relationships with the best performing partners
- Communication is key in this role, thus fluency in Dutch and English is critical
- Drivers license (B)
If this sounds like you, we would love to speak to you!